Hypnosis and Mindfulness for Pregnancy, Birth and the First Year
A Two Day Workshop with Sophie Fletcher
A Two Day workshop on Hypno-Birthing, Mindfulness and Coping Techniques for pregnancy, birth and the first year.
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September 2016
Location: The Danubius Hotel, St John’s Wood, London, NW8 7JT
Hypnosis and Mindfulness for pregnancy, birth and the first year.
Understanding the role hypnosis can play on improving perinatal experiences for women and their partners.
Hypnobirthing has become increasingly popular over the last 10 years and as well as an abundance of people teaching it privately some hospitals are working with hypnotherapists to integrate hypnosis into antental care. Why is this when the evidence is not robust? This workshop will explore the reasons why hypnosis for birth is so successful, give you an outline into the different types of courses taught, a thorough exploration into techniques (including the intergration with mindfulness), as well as the physiology, and psychology of perinatal hypnosis.
The workshop will cover:
- the physiology of pregnancy and birth
- how the NHS ‘processes’ women during pregnancy and birth, understanding other interventions that are offered and what women are likely to expect,
- research that supports psychological approaches to birth,
- the correlations between self-efficacy and better birth outcomes/lower rates of post natal depression/higher rates of breastfeeding,
- beliefs around birth (principally fear), how they are formed, why they matter, how to change them,
- simple techniques for pain management, cue conditioning and environment,
- scripts and techniques for the birth partner (more mindfulness here),
- building confidence to exercise choice,
- understanding different stages of birth and techniques for those stages,
- preparing for a woman centered Caesarean,
- rapid healing techniques post birth.
- Also psychological support structures post birth and where to refer women if needed,
- scripts and techniques for breastfeeding support.
About Sophie Fletcher
Sophie Fletcher is the author of the No 1 bestseller Mindful Hypnobirthing (Random House 2014) and has been teaching hypnosis for birth for 10 years. Sophie is the co-founder of Mindful Mamma and a guest lecturer at Nottingham University.
Early Bird Rate: £295 (expires 24th August 2016)
Normal Rate: £345 (after 24th August 2016)
Terms & Conditions
All cancellations must be received in writing.
Deposits (or deposit equivalent fees) are non-refundable. Payment in full includes a deposit equivalent fee of £175 for single courses and £390 for the diploma.
The following cancellation fees apply to course cancellation, received in writing:
– Less than seven days before the course starts: full payment of the course is due. No refund is given for fees paid.
– Seven to 14 days before the course starts: 50% of the course fees will be due.
– More than 14 days before the course starts: full refund (less the non-refundable deposit) will be made.
Workshop fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If the course is cancelled by the College, we will refund all fees paid but will not be liable for any additional or related costs incurred by students.
Non-attendance of a course or workshop is considered as a cancellation with no notice and hence full course fees are due and no refund given.
Acceptance onto the course and ongoing attendance
Course Transfer Fees:
Once your deposit is made you are registered with your chosen dates for each stage. Each course date can be transferred to a future date with a fee of £175 per course with notice more than 14 days before the course commends and a fee of £300 per course with less than 14 days notice.
Our Course Satisfaction Guarantee:
If you decide at any point during the first 48 hours that the course is not suitable for you, then we will refund the full amount paid for the course less £200 (£175 deposit plus a small administrative fee).
Students are responsible for notifying us of any mental or physical health problems that might affect their ability to participate on the course. This course may not be suitable for people with a history of psychotic disorders or other psychiatric conditions.