Gain the skill set and certification needed to deliver group workshops in stress management – and enhance your work with individual clients
- Learn an extensive, powerful toolkit of evidence-based techniques, strategies and interventions for stress management to deliver in both individual and group settings
- Obtain a Certificate in Stress Management and Resilience Building and the post-nominals Cert. SMRB. If you have already completed your Diploma in CBH, you will receive a SMRB Diploma (post-nominals Dip. SMRB).
- Gain the skill set and qualification needed to deliver group workshops in a range of settings: educational or corporate sectors, or the private sector – local organisations, clubs, online networks and communities
Learn well-established, evidence-based techniques for calming the body and mind in an increasingly overstimulated world.
This is the course for you if you are:
A therapist or coach
This course and qualification will allow you to work more effectively with individual clients suffering from a wide range of stress-related issues and to expand your practice into Stress Management and run workshops for groups of people. Facilitating workshops in this way can be a very rewarding part of your career as a therapist/coach, as it provides a sense of balance to working with individual clients and gives you the unique opportunity to be creative in your therapeutic reach.
A HR professional or similar
As an evidence-based stress management course, the training will provide you with a strong foundation and the certification you need to help employees with stress management and resilience building. Design, pitch and deliver tailored workshops in the workplace.
Transitioning from an unrelated background
If you are from an unrelated background and would like to transition into stress management work, this qualification will equip you to deliver specialised workshops in your chosen sector – whether that is the educational, corporate, or private sector (local organisations, clubs, etc), or a range of online networks and communities.
Concepts, theories, approaches & techniques
Firstly, concepts and techniques are based on both experimental and clinical research. Secondly, all theories and techniques taught in our courses need to be “science-based” – based upon scientific principles and, for example, accepted “mechanisms of change”.
As always our courses are based on rigorous clinical textbooks as well as deep personal experience of working with stress and resilience building.
Our reputation and core principles are founded on teaching from a strong evidence-base and well respected clinical textbooks.
What you will gain from this training:
- Learn how to work effectively with clients suffering from a wide range of stress related issues
- Learn how to design and deliver stress management training in the workplace
- Understand the stress management approach
- Assess your client’s stress response and their triggers and symptoms
- Design treatment plans and exercises to calm the body and mind – and then build well-being and resilience.
- Understand both the physiology and neuroscience of stress. Firstly how to assess and work at the level of physiological stress response, and secondly, and how to take advantage of principles of neuroplasticity to create deep, lasting change.
- Understand the psychology of stress, especially how to assess and work at the level of psychological factors increasing or maintaining a maladaptive stress response.
- Build your core knowledge and an extensive, powerful toolkit of techniques, strategies and interventions to your client therapy sessions and their journey back to health and resilient well-being.
- Design a stress management workshop as part of the course!
- You will receive the following TWO textbooks if you choose the webcast or dual access training formats (see table below for more information on the different formats): Build your Resilience (2012) by Donald J. Robertson, and The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook, 6th Edition (2008) by Davis, Eshelman & McKay.
- A course manual with all powerpoints, forms, scripts and handouts.
- Access to online resource area
- 1 hour of 1-to-1 personal tutoring/coaching as a follow-up to the course
- Additional mentoring/coaching available for purchase if required (e.g. for those delivering workplace interventions, training and workshops)
What people have to say about the course
“I highly recommend this course. It was fantastic. I have no hesitation in recommending it!”
– Annelise Pesa, Executive and Leadership Coach
“I found all the tutors excellent, engaging and very approachable. It is a great course packed with wonderful, insightful content. I am extremely happy that I took this course.”
– Slee Parrish, Life Coach and CBH Therapist (former Advanced Nurse Practitioner in Interventional Radiology)
“Your courses are life-changing.”
– Andrea Haggerwood, CBH Therapist (former Specialist Teaching Assistant)
“I particularly appreciated the preparation of our own workshops. That was the key to my participating in this course.”
– Lynne Rigaud, Gestalt Psychotherapist
Source Material for this course:
- Build your Resilience (2012) by Donald J. Robertson
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook, 6th Edition (2008) by Davis, Eshelman & McKay
- A Clinical Guide to the Treatment of Human Stress Response – 2nd Edition – Everly & Lating
- Principles and Practices of Stress Management – by Lehrer, Woolfolk & Time (forward by David Barlow)
- The American Psychological Association: Road to Resilience
- Stress Inoculation Training by Donald Meichenbaum
Shelley Cushway Dip CBH, Dip I Hyp Nlp
Shelley’s background includes 30 years experience in Human Resources and Recruitment. After Shelley decided to move away from corporate work, she completed training in: Hypnotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming, (NLP), Mindfulness and Meditation and Mindfulness at Work, as well as formalising her coaching experience by studying with the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Shelley balances her time between running her private practice, teaching and coaching for the UK College of Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy and running corporate workshops focusing on stress management and wellbeing.
Sue Sawyer, BA (Hons), Dip CBH
Sue is an Experienced Trainer and Qualified CBT Hypnotherapist & Master Practitioner of NLP and has delivered many training programmes on Personal Development & Effective Communication. Sue also runs a Private Clinic as a Coach and Therapist.
Originally trained as an Actress and successfully worked in The West End, Sue merged her communication and presentation skills mastered on the stage into business across Managerial Roles, Training & Recruitment and Customer Services. For the last nineteen years Sue has run a complementary private clinic using a holistic approach to health and wellbeing with particular attention to anxiety, unresolved emotional conflict, fear and stress management.
The next Workshop via Live Webcast is happening from Monday 27th September to Saturday 2nd October 2021 (6 days)
We are currently running this workshop in three formats: via Live Webcast, an Online (pre-recorded) format, and a Dual Access format (including the webcast workshop and online format access).
What’s the difference between the Online and Webcast formats?
The main difference between the Webcast and Online formats is that you can take the Online Workshops entirely at your own pace – whereas you will attend Webcast Workshops on set dates.
Other than that, the workshop content, materials and certification is equivalent across both formats, with an exception of the course textbooks – these are NOT included in the Online format.
If you opt for the Dual Access format, you will attend the webcast workshop in September and receive access to the online workshop.