Evidence-Based Two Day Workshop
on Smoking Cessation (Multi-Component Approach: CBT Skills + Hypnosis)
Who should attend?
Are you interested in helping people to stop smoking? We’ve been teaching therapists how to do smoking cessation for over 12 years now and our smoking cessation 2-day masterclass has developed a reputation for excellence, due in part to the emphasis we place on simple, no-nonsense, evidence-based approaches derived from the mainstream clinical and research literature in the fields of CBT and hypnotherapy. This workshop is open to all qualified hypnotherapists and hypnotherapy students in training.
Every student receives a comprehensive and carefully-developed 100 page workshop manual, with detailed information on smoking cessation gleaned from the clinical research and our many years of successful clinical practice and experience training in this area. You will also receive a certificate of attendance, and our previous students tell us that stating, on your websites, etc., that you have completed an advanced specialist training in smoking cessation, in addition to your core practitioner training, is bound to attract more clients who want to quit smoking. You will also be eligible for registration with the General Hypnotherapy Register’s Central Register of Stop Smoking Therapists (CRSST).
Highlights of the Smoking Cessation CPD workshop include:
- Smoking Cessation Assessment (e.g. measuring nicotine dependency, “habit strength”, etc)
- The CBH “conceptualisation” (the vicious circle of smoking)
- How to plan the session (treatment planning)
- A big “toolbox” of evidence based techniques
- Scripts, Forms, Handouts and much more
- Key information that optimises results (e.g. which is the best day of the week for smokers to quit!)
- Secrets for delivering effective 2 hour stop smoking cessation session
- Tips, guidelines, techniques and approaches that you can apply to general habit change, reducing alcohol intake, addictions etc.
- Guidance on launching and marketing your service
- Access to the Smoking Cessation Online Resources (full videos of the workshop you can view again, forms, scripts and additional articles) – https://www.ukhypnosis.com/smoking-cessation-workshop-online-resources/
What attendees say:
“The exercises were very helpful, presentations were excellent, materials provided were excellent”
– Mentwab Wuhib, Chartered Psychologist
“A great two days! I feel that I have gained all the knowledge required”
– Gillian Winguard, hypnotherapist
“I liked the integration of different components to address a difficult to treat and serious behavioural problem.”
– Dr Anthony Dimech, consultant psychiatrist and addiction specialist
“A comprehensive education in all aspects of the smoking ‘conundrum’ and how to help clients to take on the identity and behaviour of a non-smoker”
– Cameron Morehen, hypnotherapist
“A very thorough course – I now have a great toolkit to use”
– Theresa Finkenrath, hypnotherapist
Information about the Smoking Cessation Workshop
Who is the trainer?
Mark Davis, the principal and director of The UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy will be leading the workshop. Mark trained in Smoking Cessation in 2006 and since then has worked extensively with smokers and still sees clients for smoking cessation most weeks.
Read more about Mark here: UK College Principal: Mark Davis
Saturday 28th to Sunday 29th January 2017, 10am to 6pm
Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th June 2017, 10am to 6pm
Danubius Hotel, St John’s Wood, London, NW8 7JT
Smoking Articles from our UK Hypnosis Blog
This short article discusses the wide variation in results from hypnosis for smoking cessation and the inadequacy of scripted direct suggestion and hypnotic age regression methods compared to multi-component approaches, i.e., cognitive-behavioural hypnotherapy
An article that looks at the number of smokers in the UK and how many really want to quit. Some examples of “ready to quit” population within a given driving radius and what you can charge.
Book Now Online
Terms & Conditions
All cancellations must be received in writing.
Deposits (or deposit equivalent fees) are non-refundable. Payment in full includes a deposit equivalent fee of £175 for single courses and £390 for the diploma.
The following cancellation fees apply to course cancellation, received in writing:
– Less than seven days before the course starts: full payment of the course is due. No refund is given for fees paid.
– Seven to 14 days before the course starts: 50% of the course fees will be due.
– More than 14 days before the course starts: full refund (less the non-refundable deposit) will be made.
Workshop fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If the course is cancelled by the College, we will refund all fees paid but will not be liable for any additional or related costs incurred by students.
Non-attendance of a course or workshop is considered as a cancellation with no notice and hence full course fees are due and no refund given.
Acceptance onto the course and ongoing attendance of each stage of the course is at the discretion of the College.
Course Transfer Fees:
Once your deposit is made you are registered with your chosen dates for each stage. Each course date can be transferred to a future date with a fee of £175 per course with notice more than 14 days before the course commends and a fee of £300 per course with less than 14 days notice.
Our Course Satisfaction Guarantee:
If you decide at any point during the first 48 hours that the course is not suitable for you, then we will refund the full amount paid for the course less £200 (£175 deposit plus a small administrative fee).
Students are responsible for notifying us of any mental or physical health problems that might affect their ability to participate on the course. This course may not be suitable for people with a history of psychotic disorders or other psychiatric conditions.