The UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Scholarship Programme
The UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy is dedicated to serving community at all levels and is particularly committed to ensuring that good potential therapists who wish to train in evidence-based Cognitive Behavioral Hypnotherapy (Hypno-CBT®) and are on a low income or in receipt of state benefit have the opportunity to train and establish a practice.
We see good potential therapists as those who:
- are deeply motivated to help others (and themselves),
- have natural therapeutic ability (the ability to listen with “compassionate curiosity”, can authentically connect and form good working relationships with others),
- and are psychologically minded (self-aware with the ability to see relationships between thoughts, feelings and actions – with the goal to learn and grow emotionally, intellectually and live a more valued life)
We want to offer such potential therapists the opportunity to train as an accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and then to set up a successful private practice that serves their community, themselves and their families.
The James Braid Scholarship
The successful candidate will be offered a scholarship of £3,000.00 towards the full Diploma Fee of £3,195.00. Business start up advice will also be provided, as will the development of basic website and marketing materials to enable the successful candidate to set up in practice.
The course will be held primarily on Tuesday evenings, 6pm to 9:45pm (with some weekends) at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park, London NW8 7JT starting in September 2016.
More details of the course schedule are here:
To be eligible for the scholarship you must meet the following criteria;
- Be 24 years of age or older
- Be on a below average income as defined by DWP Minimum Income Standard for London or;
- Be in receipt of Universal Credit or similar
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a high level of fluency in the English language.
- Be within a reasonable travel radius of the course venue
- Demonstrate the academic ability to work at Diploma Level
- Be committed to engaging with the course and completing the course questions within the specified time frame.
- Be willing to engage with the college in relation publicising your involvement and success to encourage future scholarship applicants.
To apply for the James Braid Scholarship you will need to provide the following;
- A fully completed application form.
- A written statementof now more than 800 words telling us why you wish to train as a Hypnotherapist and what you believe can bring to the profession, and your community.
- A summary and your thoughts and comments on chapter 22 of the Clinical Hypnosis Textbook: An Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy, (attached PDF)
- If shortlisted for interview you will be expected to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK, evidence of your address and identity, evidence of your benefit status and/or income.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM (WORD Document)
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th July. Interviews will be held in London during late July and August.
For the purposes of the scholarship recruitment, the College has engaged a consultant to whom all applications and enquiries should be directed;