Our popular self-help workshop is designed for the general public and for those starting to learn to be a hypnotherapist. Anyone is welcome to attend, although it will be of particular interest to qualified therapists and those interested in becoming a hypnotherapist.
It can be taken as a stand-alone workshop or used as the first day of our certificate or diploma training in hypnotherapy.
This is an ideal way to begin your introduction to hypnosis and hypnotherapy – approaching hypnosis through self-hypnosis removes many of the myths and mystique (which is why this workshop is the first day of our 21 day Diploma!)
You will learn what scientific research actually tells us about the nature of hypnosis.
You will have plenty of opportunity to rehearse using practical techniques of self-hypnosis and autosuggestion.
Overview of Self-Hypnosis Workshop
- Introduction to hypnotism and suggestion
- Meditation vs Hypnosis: similarities and differences
- How to work with interfering thoughts in meditation and hypnosis
- What scientific research says about hypnosis
- The mechanics of hypnosis (how it actually works!)
- Developing awareness of negative autosuggestions
- Self-hypnosis and relaxation
- Positive autosuggestion and mental imagery
- Using self-hypnosis for self-help and personal improvement
(NB: We are constantly researching and improving the material on our self-hypnosis workshop. Hence, course content may be subject to change at the discretion of the college without prior notice. This information is provided as a typical example only.)
Entry Requirements: This course is open to everyone. No previous experience or training is required!
We are running the Self-Hypnosis Workshop in 2 formats: