This is the full online version of our 21-day, 450 hour, Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy.
This online hypnotherapy course is designed as a full hypnotherapy practitioner training that’s equivalent to the current classroom training.
Mark Davis explains the key features of the Online Diploma in this 8 minute video:
Key Features of the Online Hypnotherapy Course
- Completely equivalent content to the live course
- 90 hours of professionally edited video from the LIVE training course
- 15 hours of one-to-one tutoring (worth £900)
- 9 supervised group practise sessions
- Extensive, professional printed course materials – shipped to your home
(three 250 page course manuals plus over 1200 printed powerpoint slides)
- Leads to the same Diploma qualification as the classroom training:
Level 4 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Full practitioner training:
leading to professional registration, ability to obtain insurance and start practising as a hypnotherapist
- Take the training in your own time, in your own home
- No need to arrange time off work, miss weekends or travel across the country
(or across the world)
- You are enrolled as a student of the college for a period of 12 months, have full access to all course materials, discussion forums, tutoring and online support.
Designed to be equivalent to the live “classroom” hypnotherapy training
We carefully designed this online hypnotherapy training course to be equivalent to the classroom training.
In this video Mark Davis, Director & Principal of the College, explains the way in which the team of teachers at the College designed and developed the Online Diploma Practitioner Training to be equivalent to the live in person training.
In particular, the College wants to be assured that those who train online are just as skilled, knowledgeable and competent as those who have taken the classroom training.
As experienced adult education providers, when creating this online training programme we wanted to be confident that those taking the online hypnotherapy diploma are able to practice safely and effectively as hypnotherapists.
Key Feature: 15 hours of one-to-one tutoring
In order to make our online hypnotherapy training as engaging and effective as the live training, we have introduced extensive one-to-one tutoring – a total of 15 hours (worth £900).
This actually provides MORE personal tutor one-to-one contact time than in the actual classroom training.
All online hypnotherapy course tutors are in practice as registered Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapists, they have all taken the Diploma training and received the qualification.
They’ve been personally selected by Mark R. Davis, the College Principal and have taken our special Hypno-CBT® Supervision Training.
How your tutor will support you during the online hypnotherapy training
Your tutors will work closely with you: first setting up an initial onboarding session to discuss your goals and learning style. Your tutor will then schedule regular sessions to check your learning, answer questions, set assignments, listen to and review recordings of practice sessions with volunteer clients. Your tutor will also discuss the assessment with you and help you with your business goals and setting up your practice.
But don’t just take it from us!
Hear it from Simon Beckman, one of the first students to take our Online Diploma course.
Simon took the course at home in his own time and now uses the cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy skills he learned in a professional setting.
Full list of features of this online hypnotherapy course
- 90 hours of video of the live training – edited into short watchable modules
- Additional special demonstration videos
- Downloadable audios of all lectures (listen and learn while you drive?)
- Printed full course manuals – over 750 pages!
- Extensive one-to-one tutoring (15 hours)
- Printed course powerpoints to support each module
- Additional materials
- Nine 2-hour group practical sessions with a trainer
- All courses exercises and practicals, scripts and forms
- Advice on getting insurance and volunteers to practice with
- Advice & support in starting your new business
- 12 months full access to all diploma learning materials, videos, tutoring and support forums.
What is the accreditation for this Online Hypnotherapy Diploma?
About the professional accreditation and membership options with this Diploma
(you can read more in our special Online Diploma FAQ below).
- This online hypnotherapy course will lead to the NCFE awarded Level 4 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- The training programme is approved by The British Psychological Society.
- It is a full practitioner training – you will be able to join professional organisations, get insurance and open a professional hypnotherapy practice
- Several Professional Membership options including: ACCPH, REBHP and FHT
- The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) is an Accredited Register with the Professional Standards Authority and is the largest register of complementary therapists in the UK.
- Please note:
because there are no classroom training hours it does not meet requirements to join GHR/ NCH or CNHC ( – see below for more details on this). However, there are several alternative professional membership options (see above). In our experience, and from surveys of practising hypnotherapists, there is little consequence as to which professional register you join.
- Please note:
Question: does this training programme meet the Core Curriculum requirements of The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) or The National Council of Hypnotherapy (NCH) or The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council?
Answer: The Online Hypnotherapy Diploma Training Programme meets and exceeds the Core Curriculum requirements for CNHC registration in every aspect EXCEPT for the 120 classroom contact hours requirement.
As CNHC and some other hypnotherapy organisations (GHR & NCH) have not embraced and understood asynchronous learning methods, it may be that you will not be able to join GHR, NCH and CNHC via the Online Diploma training programme. However do not let this be an obstacle to choosing a high quality training.
There are equivalent professional membership options available to you, moreover in practice it is not that important which professional membership organisation you join.
The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) accepts the Online Diploma for professional membership.
FHT are equivalent to CNHC with regard to being an Accredited Register with the Professional Standards Authority.
In our experience and from our surveys with hypnotherapists there will be no difference between being registered with FHT vs CNCH – or really any other register.
We encourage you to view this survey with 30 professional hypnotherapists (12 months in practice or more) about the relative importance and business impact of joining GHR, NCH or CNHC vs alternative professional membership options.
If you want to read more about this issue then go to the Online Diploma FAQ.
In this short video Mark answers five common questions about the Online Diploma Practitioner Training:
- Will the Online Diploma allow me to be a practicing hypnotherapist?
- Can I take the Online Diploma if I don’t have any experience as a therapist?
- Online vs Webcast format: what’s the difference?
- What’s included in the Online Diploma?
- What professional membership organisations can I join?
The Self-Led Online Training option
As well as the full Online Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy, we have also developed a self-led online training option. The self-led option includes the same footage and materials as the full Online Diploma, but without the 15 hours of tutoring.
The self-led version is an automated e-course that has been designed for existing therapists who wish to study this approach in order to add to their skillset. Alternatively, it is suitable for those who simply wish to study this fascinating topic but do not intend to use the training as a practitioner.
There is no assessment for this self-led version as it is not a full practitioner training. However, at any point you can upgrade your self-led course to a full practitioner training (with 15 hours tutoring and assessment).
You can view a more detailed comparison table here for all three of our Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy courses – the live classroom training, the full Online Diploma and the self-led version.
The full price of the self-led version is £1295, and there is also a 4-month payment plan available.
You can read more about and book the Self-Led CBH Diploma here.
You are enrolled as a student for 12 months and will have 1 year to complete the online course.
Completion of the course involves:
- listening to each of the lesson videos
- completion of the exercises and gaining feedback from your volunteers
- For the full Online Diploma: completion of coaching and supervision hours
- For the full Online Diploma: completion of the assessment questions and case studies
There are approximately 80 hours of video footage included in the online training. Your full 12 months access will allow you to revisit all videos and materials as often as you wish, for revision and familiarity.
If you have been unable to complete the online training within the 1-year timeline it is possible to apply for an extension. Extensions are chargeable – you can see the full information about extension costs and course completion here.
Frequently Asked Questions about our Online Hypnotherapy Course
We have two Online Diploma intake start dates on the 1st and 15th of every month.
*BPS Approved Training
Please note that the live training programme for the Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy is approved as CPD for psychologists by The British Psychological Society.
This does not confer British Psychological Society approval for those are are not registered psychologists, and you should not use the BPS logo on your website in a way that implies that you have taken a BPS approved hypnotherapy practitioner training.