If you’re looking for information on completing a Hypnotherapy Certificate or Diploma course, you’re in the right place. This is the only short hypnotherapy course approved by the British Psychological Society for CPD. The Certificate in Evidence-Based Hypnosis can be taken either as a stand-alone training or as the first part (Stage 1) of the Diploma in Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy (our complete practitioner diploma training.)
This course is focused on basic hypnotherapy assessment, hypnotic induction, and the use of suggestion; it presents a strong and comprehensive basic training in traditional hypnotherapy. Content is based on experimental and clinical research into hypnosis. Students finish this course confident in knowing what hypnosis is, what it isn’t, what it can do – and with a good solid foundation in how to induce hypnosis, write and deliver suggestions as well as train clients in self-hypnosis, assess hypnotisability and conduct suitable hypnosis skills training if clients require it.
Click here for course dates for this course.
The Certificate Course in Evidence-Based Hypnosis is the only one week hypnotherapy course approved by The British Psychological Society Learning Centre
Click here to request a prospectus or to make an enquiry.
See below for details of our no-risk booking and satisfaction guarantee!
Call us on 0207 114 9040 if you have any questions.
Who Can Attend?
- You are not required to have any previous training in therapy or education in psychology to enrol on this course, as it is an introductory level training.
- This course is very popular with counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists, life-coaches and complementary therapists interested in adding hypnosis to their existing skills.
- This course is also ideal for anyone interested in learning basic hypnotherapy skills for personal development.
This course forms the first stage of our full diploma training so is the first step for those interested in training to become a professional hypnotherapist.
Hypnosis Certificate Course Content
This course is mainly focused on basic hypnotherapy assessment, hypnotic induction, and the use of suggestion; it presents a rounded basic training in traditional hypnotherapy. The course is based on what is know as a “cognitive-behavioural model of hypnosis” (rather than a “trance” model) – and therefore what you learn lends itself very well to being integrated with cognitive behavioural therapy and mindfulness-based approaches.
The understanding of hypnosis is based on experimental and clinical research and removes much of the mystique around hypnosis. We offer a common sense model of hypnosis that is more acceptable to the general public (the notion of “trance” is both disconcerting and NOT how people generally describe their experience of hypnosis). Also this common sense model see hypnosis as a skill that can be learned and practiced (it’s something the client is “doing” rather than something that is “done to the client”.)
This down-to-earth, research backed, explanation of hypnosis allows it be part of mainstream psychology (cognitive science and behavioural science) – rather than remain as an “unexplained oddity” in the domain of abnormal psychology (with talk of trances etc).
This makes if far more useful and acceptable to psychologists, sports coaches, business coaches, CBT therapists, stress management consultants, personal trainers, pain control therapists, educational coaches and many others.
You will learn…
- How to perform a variety of traditional hypnotic induction techniques, deepening techniques, and suggestion tests
- How to word suggestions effectively and to understand the psychology of “classic” hypnotic suggestion
- How to write a customised script for each client.
- How to assess clients and prepare (“socialise”) them for hypnotherapy
- The practical, ethical, and professional aspects of running a hypnotherapy practice
- How to treat common stress and anxiety-related problems using hypnosis
- How to integrate relaxation and meditation techniques with hypnosis
- Essential self-hypnosis and “hypnotic skills training” exercises
- Basic pain control techniques and designing a pain control self-hypnosis programme for a client
- Basic cognitive-behavioural theory and practice in hypnotherapy
- The history and theory of hypnosis, from an evidence-based perspective
- How hypnotherapy integrates with modern evidence-based CBT and mindfulness
- What scientific-research say about hypnosis
The course is accompanied by an extensive manual (over 160,000 words) – with practical articles, forms, handouts and a full set of scripts. Our course manuals are all fully referenced and represent a skilful distillation of key issues and learnings drawn from the extensive literature and research on hypnosis, psychotherapy and related psychological principles.
Feedback from our students
Students talking about the Certificate Course:
These are from our December 2014 Stage 1 course – held in Islington, London.
“The tutor was passionate about his subject. One of the best courses I have been on! So informative” – Dei Studman, Sports Coach, Wales
“I really enjoyed the scientific approach to the subject and the fact that this was very diverse, allowing for a lot of debate and discussion. There was a good balance between theory and practice.” – Dave Philp, South Africa
“I liked the mix of practical and theory. The building of confidence and skills through the schedule of exercises and evidence that it works, that we can do this. I also liked the opportunity to discuss certain concepts further. Things were presented in a way that was easy to understand, good mix of using different approaches to explain concepts – also the structure of the course, using feedback captured from the exercises.”
– Kirstine Ward, Project Manager, London
“The “Script Writing Machine” was worth the fee for the whole course. Brilliant!”
– Anna Powel, hypnotherapist
Forthcoming Course Dates
Next course dates: Saturday 1st December 2018, 10am to 6pm (for 7 days)
Click here for details of other upcoming course dates.
Course Venues for 2018
Fees (all incl VAT)
Early Bird Rate: £845.00 (pay in full 30 days before course starts)
Normal rate: £925.00
Monthly payment Plan: £175.00 deposit + 8 monthly payments of £100.00 (by standing order).
Click here to view all fees and book
There is no specific assessment component for this foundation certificate. A certificate of attendance is available on request. If you choose to go on and complete the Diploma in Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy, you will be required to complete a series of home-study assessment questions.
Accreditation / Designatory Letters
You will be entitled to use the letters “Cert. Hyp.” after your name on completion of this course.
This course is approved by The British Psychological Society Learning Centre for the purposes of CPD.
The full diploma (of which this course forms the first stage), is also approved by the BPS as well as being accredited by GHR, NCH and REBHP. Click here for details.
- Students on the hypnotherapy certificate course must be aged 18 or over.
- Students should have no history of criminal convictions or sanctions by professional organisations which might reflect upon their suitability to practice as a therapist.
- Students should be sufficiently fluent in spoken English to engage with English-speaking clients.
- Students must be in suitable mental health for training, e.g., without a history of psychotic symptoms or current mental health problems.
Completion of the hypnotherapy certificate course means you will be eligible to continue your training with the UK College by enrolling on the Stage 2 Course (Certificate in Behavioural Hypnotherapy) and the Stage 3 Course (Certificate in Cognitive Hypnotherapy)
If you decide at any point during the first 48 hours that the course is not suitable for you, then we will refund the full amount paid for the course less £200 (£175 deposit plus a small administrative fee). Notice of your wish to claim a refund must be given in writing within 48 hours of the start of the course. Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Just ask and we’ll get back within 24 hours. (If we aren’t online now)